Friday, September 24, 2010

First One

This one is the hardest right?

Welcome aboard.  This blog represents my year long experiment into growing my hair.  Well, maybe a minor correction to that since I am starting the blog nearly two full months in.  There is a connection between hair growth and overall physical appearance.  So, I simply went from starting with the simple goal of growing out my hair to learning a little about makeup (now hold on I won't go crazy with it..lol), a slight foray into being fashionable and working on my weight.  I am in no way a fashionista.  I really dislike makeup but realistically I understand its place in someone's life.  Now I need to find if it has a place in MY life.  That's a big IF.  But, I've reached this stage in my life where I want to do better.  Wow, I said it aloud.  But, yeah, I want to walk down the street with a theme song playing, hair blowing in the wind, skin flawless and a twinkle in my eye.  So here's to hoping that by the summer of 2011, I can try my best to reach the following lofty goals, and boy are they lofty.

The goals:

Hair
Starting point:  My starting hair length was between shoulder (SL) and collarbone length (CBL) when blown out.  Due to previous services (more about that later), my hair in thin in areas with visible bald areas.
GOAL:  Thickening, fullness in general and below bra strap (BSL)

Skin:
Starting point:  Decent softness with areas of hyper-pigmentation, monthly breakouts on face, chest and arms.
GOAL:  Improve the hyper-pigmentation and breakouts.

Body:
Starting point:  Tight upper body, spine and tight lower body.  A 'fluffy' body (LOL).  I do not wear jeans.  I haven't worn jeans at this point in nearly seven years, so obviously I can't fit my old jeans.


GOAL:  The tightness CAN be addressed with yoga and stretching.  I mention this because there are some very specific positions I want to achieve in yoga that I cannot to date achieve due to the extreme tightness in my upper body.

Meet the Eagle pose (Garudasana).  I can currently get my arms to cross at the elbows but they do NOT meet at the wrists.  I can get my wrists about 2-3 feet close to each other.  No more.

So, I simply hope I can get my wrists and hands to wrap by the summer of next year.


<----Addresses upper body tightness






  Meet the Hero (Virasana) pose.  See how the model sits comfortably between her bent knees and feet?  I, currently, can sit uncomfortably between the air, my butt, and feet.





<----Addresses lower body tightness





Well, those are two of the killer positions, although they in no way represent the only positions I have problems achieving.  More on yoga later.

Fluffy Body?:
Well, what can I say about this?  Best I can do is try my best to drop my body fat levels from its current gut busting 29% down to something more sexy like say 18%.

Jeans:
I am tempted to quote Joan Collins here.  But, I will promise to get a lovely pair to wear for the summer of 2011.

So there you have it, a broad look at my starting point and goals.  I will break each one down and try my best to explain how I plan to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment